Dr. Ramage’s Catholic Answers to Hard Questions
, October 5, 2017
Benedictine College theologian Dr. Matthew Ramage is still asking Hard Questions About Jesus and providing answers with the help of Pope Benedict XVI. Catholic Answers Live interviewed Dr. Ramage on questions arising from his book Jesus, Interpreted: Benedict XVI, Bart Ehrman, and the Historical Truth of the Gospels.
The Catholic Answers website offered this handy guide to the interview.
- 12:47 – “If only the original scriptures were infallible (manuscripts) and we don’t have them anymore, how can we say the Bible now is infallible?”
- 20:46 – John says that Jesus is the messiah when he baptizes him, but later sends his disciples to ask Jesus if he’s the one. “Is this a contradiction?”
- 29:00 – How do you answer those who say Jesus is a myth?
- 34:30 – “Is there a difference between Catholic and Protestant Bibles?”
- 48:27 – Were the Gospels written by Matthew, Mark, Luke and John?
- 53:07 – Do different ways of telling the same story account for the differences in the Bible?
Check out Catholic Answers for more resources.Tags: Sacred Scripture, theology
Never miss a post! Subscribe below to our weekly newsletter.