Video: The Church Looks to Benedictine College
Posted on August 26th, 2014
As the new year at Benedictine College begins, we pause to look at all that has happened in the past year. Benedictine College is taking a leading role in the Church in the United States, and this two-minute video demonstrates how. (If you are reading this in an e-mail, click here to see the video.)
All of the rites of school are coming at 100 miles an hour:
- Last weekend was Freshman Move-in Day.
- Today Freshmen get their beanies.
- Tomorrow morning is the first Wednesday morning 7:30 Rosary led by the President and Dean in Guadalupe Chapel.
- Tomorrow is the first day of school.
- Next week is the convocation, featuring author Patrick Lencioni and Bishop Andrew Cozzens, Benedictine College’s newest bishop-alum.
- Soon the Wisdom of the Ages exhibit showing historic documents will be open.
Prayer Before Study
Creator of all things, true source of light and wisdom, origin of all being, graciously let a ray of your light penetrate the darkness of my understanding. Take from me the double darkness in which I have been born, an obscurity of sin and ignorance. Give me a keen understanding, a retentive memory, and the ability to grasp things correctly and fundamentally. Grant me the talent of being exact in my explanations and the ability to express myself with thoroughness and charm. Point out the beginning, direct the progress, and help in the completion. I ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Never miss a post! Subscribe below to our weekly newsletter.